How to Choose the Right Attorney
People who are faced with criminal charges are often scared about hiring the right attorney, as they have never done so before. Hiring the right attorney is the most important thing you can do for your case. So how do you know?
The first thing you want to know is his or her results. It’s perfectly ok to ask the attorney what kind of results they have gotten in similar cases in the court. While an attorney cannot promise you the same results, you will get a feel for what they have accomplished.
Next you want to know is it just one person working in a case alone, or does the firm have a “team” of lawyers working together. For the best possible representation, you want the firm to have the manpower.
You’ll want to know how they charge. Do they charge by the hour? If you run out of money, will they withdraw? At CLS, no attorney bills by the hour. We charge a flat rate. Meaning no matter how many times you go to court, your attorney is with you until the end.
Other questions you should ask include…
- How many criminal cases have they handled?
- What is their specialty practice area of law?
- How many trials have they won?
- What discovery will be done in your case?
- What is their initial opinion of your case?
- Are they familiar with the court your case is in?