Theft & Larceny Defense Attorney
Larceny, also known as “Theft”, is a criminal offense and involves harsh penalties. The attorneys at Criminal Legal Services specialize in defending Larceny cases. If you have been charged with Larceny contact us today for a free consultation with an experience criminal attorney. Just because you have been charged; does not mean you have been convicted. Do not just plead guilty or give up hope. Call us immediately to begin preparing your defense.
Our attorneys specialize in defending Larceny cases. Our major concerns are keeping our clients out of jail and making the process as painless as possible. For more information and to get your questions answered, contact us today for a free consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney.
How you are charged and the potential penalties are dependent on what the value of the property was.
Property value is less than $200.00 (misdemeanor)
- Up to 93 days in jail
- Fine up to a $500 or 3 times the value of the stolen property
Property value of $200.00 – $1,000.00 (misdemeanor)
- Up to 1 year imprisonment
- Fine up to $2,000 or 3 times the value of the stolen property
Property value of $1,000.00 – $20,000.00 (felony)
- Up to 5 years imprisonment
- Fine up to $10,000 or 3 times the value of the stolen property
Property value more than $20,000.00 (felony)
- Up to 10 years imprisonment
- Fine up to $15,000 or 3 times the value of the stolen property
Types of Larceny Charges
- Larceny From A Person
- Larceny of Livestock (horses, sheep, cows, etc.)
- Larceny by Stealing Firearm
- Larceny at Fire (stealing from a building that is on fire)
- Larceny from Vacant Dwelling (i.e. removing fixtures)
- Larceny of Places of work, worship, etc.
- Larceny by False Pretenses
Experienced Defense Attorneys
Our attorneys specialize in defending criminal cases and have obtained outstanding results for our clients. If you or someone you know has been charged with a Larceny offense, call us today for a free consultation.
Keep Your Record Clean. Hire Michigan’s Top Criminal Defense Attorneys. Affordable Rates and Payment Plans Available. For a Free Consultation or to Schedule an Appointment Call Us Today!